SD 1 Introduction to Service Desk
Is there a place in your school where you can log faults, request new equipment and find out how to use software? If not, it’s time to discover the advantages of having a service desk.
SD 1.1 Aim
The aim of this section is to introduce the topic of the service desk and to help you implement the process in your school with a minimum of preparation and training.
SD 1.2 Objectives
The objectives of this section are to enable you to:
- understand how recording calls and keeping records can benefit the school
- understand how the single point of contact could work for you
- understand at which stage to make contact with a technician
- decide how to enable users to log calls and make requests
- show how the call log can form the basis of a knowledge base
- understand how using the service desk will help the technical support function become more effective
- decide how the service desk can help gather details for the reports described in EdFITS
SD 3 Implementation guide
SD 5 Roles and responsibilities
SD 6 Review of Service Desk