InM 1 Introduction to Incident Management
The computer stops working, you tell someone and you get a replacement computer the same day. Does this sound like your school? If not, you need to introduce the EdFITS Incident Management process.
InM 1.1 Aim
The aim of this section is to introduce the topic of incident management and to help you implement the process in your school with a minimum of preparation and training.
InM 1.2 Objectives
- The objectives of this section are to enable you to:
- understand the difference between incidents and problems
- understand how workarounds and quick fixes can help keep your school computers running
- understand when and when not to commit time and effort on reported faults
- decide whether you can operate a policy of keeping spares for swap outs
- decide whether you need to train your technical and non-technical staff in the Incident Management process
- understand how to produce incident management reports.
InM 3 Implementation guide
InM 5 Review of Incident Management